Data is King for the Modern MarketerJune 15, 2021
Senior Full Stack .Net DeveloperJune 24, 2021
Automation QA Engineer / SDET
Phonovation Limited is a provider of software solutions to a number of Ireland’s largest organisations, including the HSE, Vodafone, RTE and most of the Irish banking sector. We develop, host and deliver bespoke, tailored solutions using proven technology solutions.
We are innovators, thinkers, and doers. Success, learning and fun are at the heart of what we do.
The Automation QA Engineer is responsible for the development, maintenance, and execution of automated tests to successfully enable the delivery of high-quality solutions. You will design test processes, cases, and plans from the ground up. You will engage with the developers to improve the quality of our products.
You’ll design and maintain test automation frameworks. You’ll be partnering with team members across Business and DevOps to deliver high quality, robust and maintainable test solutions and advise on best practice for testing.
- Design and build an automated strategy for our software solutions;
- Write code to support development of automated frameworks and testing
- Work with business / developers to ensure the requirements are fully documented
- Review unit and integration tests written by developers
- Write automated integration tests, API tests and/or UI automation tests
- Review tests, improve and maintain quality of automation code
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team.
The job will be measured with the following KPI's:
- Delivery of efficient and quality automation code;
- Adherence to timescales and estimates
- Adherence to development team policies and methodologies
- On time project delivery
- Reduction in number of bugs to UAT
- Measurable increase of skills for role holder and team
- Involvement in and individual contribution to team and business improvement change initiatives & projects.
Core Skills & Knowledge:
- 5+ years in similar role;
- Customer focused
- Planning & organisation
- Effective communication
- Problem solving
- Process driven
- Team & collaborative working
- Change, adaptability & flexibility
- Understands CI/CD and build pipelines
- Willing to learn new skills and develop as an individual.
- Self and relationship management
- Self and social awareness
- Growth mindset and resilient.
Functional Skills & Knowledge:
- Solid understanding of testing principles and methodologies;
- Experience in building from scratch or/and extending of automation testing frameworks
- Strong test automation experience
- Basic knowledge of C#, SQL
- Proven track record with API automated testing using C#, SpecFlow, JMeter, API Manual Testing tools like Postman, Swagger
- Experience (manual and automated) across all areas of testing including functional and non-functional
- Experience working in multi-discipline Agile teams
- Experience with bug tracking systems including TFS/VSTS
- ISTQB Foundation certified and ideally ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst certified.
- Annual Employee Discretionary Bonus Scheme;
- Income Protection & Death in Service Schemes
- Cycle to Work & Tax Saver Commuter Schemes
- 24 Annual Leave Days and 2 additional Company Day
- 26 weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 24 weeks paid Adoptive Leave
- 2 weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Flexible Working Environment.
- Annual Gym allowance;
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bi-annual Medical Check-Up
- Wellness Workshop Programme
- Regular staff Social Events
- Diversity and Inclusion Events.
- Corporate social responsibility activities.
- Leadership Development Initiative for all staff;
- Individual Development Plans
- Regular learning events including Company Book Club, Lunch & Learn, webinars.
Full time, 12 month fixed-term contract
Location: The successful candidate will be set up to work remotely initially but will work a hybrid model post Covid. Our offices are located in Dun Laoghaire and parking is available offsite.
Expected start date: ASAP
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Covid-19 considerations: Virtual interviews (behavioural competency based and technical)
Please apply immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think this exciting opportunity is for you.